Caring for Eyes
Everyday Eye Care Tips
You already know how a good diet and exercise helps you to stay in shape, but there are some really simple but effective steps you can take to help your eyes look and feel their best too.
- Get plenty of sleep, as this will revitalise your eyes and face.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your eyes too; because it helps them stay hydrated.
- And don't forget carrots - they're packed with a nutrient that converts to Vitamin A.
- Go for regular eye check-ups to make sure your vision and your eyes are at their best.
- If you wear contact lenses, always follow your optician's advised hygiene routine and try using a dry eye spray or drops before your eyes start to feel irritated.
- If you work at a computer, remember to take regular breaks so that your eyes don't get strained or tired. And reduce the screen brightness or use a screen shield, as glare can dry your eyes.
- In winter, turn your central heating down a little - you'll save money and help stop your eyes drying out!
- If you go swimming, wear goggles to stop chlorine irritating your eyes.
- Always wear safety glasses when doing DIY or gardening to protect eyes from injury or dust particles.